The conference that was scheduled for tonight at Wabash Center with Cathy Pratt from IRCA has been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Greater Lafayette Area Special Services
2018 Advisory Board Meeting
April 17, 2018
11:00 am @ Durgan Elementary Building
- Approval of April 18, 2017 Minutes
- Approval of November 15, 2017 Executive Session Minutes, Approval of January 23, 2018 Executive Session Minutes, Approval of April 4, 2018 Executive Session Minutes
- Public Comments
- Improved Communication Initiative
- Joint Services Agreement
- Next Scheduled Meeting
- Additional Items
If you are a new LSC or GLASS para or an LSC classroom assistant, training will be offered this fall through a partnership with the Lafayette Adult Resource Academy also known as LARA. The training will consist of one, 3 hour session held at LARA in the afternoon/early evening from 3:30-6:30pm. We have worked with LARA to set aside six different dates from which you can choose one (1). Your participation in the training is optional but you will be compensated at your normal rate of $10.90 per hour for the three hours of attendance via yellow claim which will be completed as the training session ends at LARA each evening. LARA has free child care available to those that take advantage of this opportunity. To reserve a spot in a class, contact LARA at 765-476-2920 or firstname.lastname@example.org The classes will be filled as people make contact with LARA. You may choose to attend one (1) of the following dates:
Trainings will be held at LARA which is located at the Washington Education Center, 1100 Elizabeth Street, Lafayette. Please call or e-mail LARA today to choose a date of training.
Hoosier Family of Readers
To celebrate Indiana’s 2016 Bicentennial, Superintendent Ritz has issued a Bicentennial Book Challenge. Students from across Indiana are encouraged to work together to read with their classes and help the Department of Education distribute at least 2,000,000 books before December 31, 2016.
There are three easy ways that teachers, families and community organizations can be involved in the challenge:
- Access thousands of free online books using myON’s digital library.
- Register for First Book for access to low cost and free books. In addition to getting free and low-cost books for your school, each time we get 2,000 registrations the Hoosier Family of Readers program will get a truckload of books to distribute! (no longer available)
- Register to become a Hoosier Family of Readers partner (no longer available)